Wexford Arms Hotel 1867 1920

414 Park Street, South Melbourne
MEL: 2K A4

 

Thomas and Margaret Walsh established the Wexford Arms Hotel in 1867. Publicans from 1867 until 1882, the couple went on to open the Albert Park Hotel in Dundas Street. It was either renovated or rebuilt in 1873, according to the year on the parapet. The Wexford Arms was de-licensed on 17 June 1920. In 2003, it is the site of a private residence and appears to have retained most of the original features on the exterior of the first floor, including the name of the hotel on the facade.

 

PDF Version