Tramway Hotel, formerly Stanley Arms Hotel, Tramway Hotel and Rose Hotel 1873 - 1908

369 City Road, South Melbourne
MEL 2F A12

Lewis F Smith first licensed the Stanley Arms Hotel in 1873. Architects Hennessy and Deakin called for tenders for painting in 1877. In 1881, Thomas Langston was accused of assaulting Thomas Harvey at the hotel.
The Stanley Arms was renamed the Tramway by Ellen Wilson in 1895, then the Rose Hotel by Nora Donovan in 1898, until it reverted to the Tramway under Bernard J Maher in 1901. On 15 April 1908, the Tramway Hotel was de-licensed. In 2003, it is the site of Melbourne Panel Repairs.


PDF Version