Gunn Island Brew Bar, formerly Middle Park Hotel 1889 -

102 Canterbury Road, corner Armstrong Street, Middle Park
MEL: 2K F11

First licensed by John Mahon in 1889, and designed by architect Walter Scott Law, the Middle Park Hotel has maintained many of its Victorian features, including decorative period rendering and wrought iron lacework on the first and second levels. In 2001, the ALH group bought the hotel from Peter Gimsa, changed its name to the Gunn Island Brew Bar and significantly upgraded with substantial renovations. It contains a brewery, brasserie, lounge area, bottle shop, saloon bar, main bar, and three function areas. Accommodation and live entertainment is also provided.

 

 

Middle Park Hotel, 1963 

 

Middle Park Hotel, 1889

 

PDF Version