City Road Hotel, formerly Boundary Hotel and City Road Hotel 1867 - 1913

City Road, corner of Boundary Road, South Melbourne
MEL: 2J J2

Alexander Kerr established the Boundary Hotel in 1867. James Meagher of Meagher’s Family Hotel was its publican in 1869. Renamed the City Road Hotel by James ED Erricson in 1884, it reverted to the Boundary Hotel in 1887 under licensee Margaret Miller, but by 1890 Adelaide F Dudley changed it back to the City Road Hotel. It was de-licensed on 18 April 1913. It is the site of a United Petrol Station in 2003.


PDF Version