Britannia Inn 1864 - 1920

384 Clarendon Street, corner Dow Street, South Melbourne
MEL: 2K D3

WJ Coxon first licensed the Britannia Inn in 1864.  An auction of the hotel, including furniture, fittings and effects, took place on 11 November 1871.  The funeral of W Ewart proceeded from the hotel on 4 October 1874.  The Britannia Inn was de-licensed on 17 June 1920 and closed later that year.  In 2003, it is a vacant office block with private residences upstairs.


PDF Version