Queen’s Arms Hotel 1866- 1970s

340-342 St Kilda Road, corner Pakington Street, St Kilda
MEL: 58 C10



Queens Arms Hotel, 2004

First licensed by John Farrell in 1866, with additions designed by architects Powell and Whitaker in 1890, the Queen’s Arms was one of a group of hotels in High Street, along with the Post Office Club and the Duke of Edinburgh that was a favourite of small-time criminals in the 1960s.  It is now the site of the Capitol Apartments.


PDF Version