QBH, formerly Queen’s Bridge Family Hotel, Fall’s Bridge Hotel 1889 -

1 Queensbridge Street, corner Yarra Bank Road, South Melbourne
MEL: 2F D7



Queens's Bridge Hotel, 1981


Originally, a house owned by John Murray, Alexander Borthwick first licensed the Fall’s Bridge Hotel in 1889, situated on the northeast corner of Moray Street at that time.  This section of Moray Street was later renamed Queensbridge Street.  In 1914, Fall’s Bridge became the Queen’s Bridge Hotel, but the building itself was considered a death trap, and in 1926, under publican Albert Stott, a new building was erected at the cost of £17000.  In October 1999, it was converted into a nightclub known as QBH, and remains a very popular venue.



PDF Version