Hurling Club Hotel, formerly Blair Gowrie Hotel 1872 - 1913

35 Market Street, corner Clarke Street, South Melbourne
MEL: 2F D11

H Maxwell first licensed the six-roomed Blair Gowrie Hotel in 1872. In 1883 publican John Baines renamed it the Hurling Club Hotel. It was de-licensed on 31 December 1913. In 2003, it is the site of Sign Solutions in a highly industrialised area comprising of warehouses and a car park.

 

PDF Version