Hotel St Kilda, formerly Pembroke Castle, Club Hotel and St Kilda Club Hotel 1854 1970s

263 High Street (now known as St Kilda Road), corner of Charles Street, St Kilda
MEL: 58 B9

 

Frederick Rees was licensee of the Pembroke Castle from 1854 to 1865, and again between 1868 and 1877.  In 1898, Thomas P Bland changed its name to the Club Hotel. It later became known as the St Kilda Club, but by the time of its demolition in the early 1970s, to make way for the widening of High Street it was called Hotel St Kilda.

 

PDF Version