Gardenerís Rest Hotel

High Street (now known as St Kilda Road) two doors north of Vale Street, St Kilda
MEL: 58 C10



This hotel was opened in 1869 and closed in 1874. Its licensees were Joseph Dobel and Mrs William Hallam. Its name suggests that it was a stopping point for market gardeners that worked in the Brighton district and supplied Melbourne with fresh produce. This section of High Street (now known as St Kilda Road) was demolished in order to widen the thoroughfare between St Kilda Junction and Brighton Road.
 

PDF Version