Dick Whittington Tavern, formerly Alma Hotel 1861

32 Chapel Street, St Kilda East
MEL: 58 D10

 

James Hayes established the Alma Hotel in 1861, and renewed the lease in 1871. It was a popular hotel given its proximity to Punt Road, which was the main thoroughfare between St Kilda and Brighton prior to the building of St Kilda Road in 1947. It was renamed the Dick Whittington Tavern in the 1980s and is currently the only hotel on the St Kilda side of Chapel Street.

 

 

 

 

 

PDF Version